Thursday, January 21, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday

I think I am going to try to make Top Ten Tuesday a weekly thing. Don't hate on me if I miss a few. I am a busy guy. This thing right here ain't the only thing I got going on.

Anywho, Tonight's Top Ten: The Top Ten Things I Would Rather Do Than Be an Actor

(Keep in mind these are in no specific order. Sometimes the Top Ten will be, but not tonight)

1) Professional Bull Rider - I have always thought that professional bull riders were the pure definition of tough. It has to got to be a thrill to ride something that could very well kill you as soon as you are done. What a rush! Plus, as a professional you have the opportunity to bring in at least 100,000/yr.


3) Cinematographer- Before I went into acting, I thought about going into film making. But, not as a director, as a cinematographer. Sometimes when I go to the movies, I have to make myself pay attention to what is going on in the story or I will miss it because I am too focused on the cinematography. I will be thinking, "oooh that's a nice shot. I like how they did that there" and then suddenly realize that I have not been paying attention to the dialogue and now I have no idea whats going on. The average pay for a cinematographer in 2006 was between 26,000 and 60,000.

4) Stunt Man- I use to jump off things all the time. I played outside all the time when I was a kid. I was quite wild and was all over the place. I would climb trees, roll on the ground, and do the other crazy outdoor kid stuff. I had tons of energy. I remember jumping off this tree stump and rolling on the ground. My mom said, "you should be a stunt man". I remember thinking, "that's a job." It is indeed a job. The average stunt man (or stunt woman) makes about 5,000 to 70,000/yr.

5) Highschool Teacher- My mom is a teacher, and for a time, my father was also. I just think that teachers really do have a large effect on the life of children/teens. I don't really have a preference for what I would want to teach, but I think I would like to teach History. I know the relationships between teacher and students are not as sentimental as shows like Boy Meets World would have you believe, but I have always wanted to leave an impression on those younger than me. I think teaching would be a way to do that. Teachers make from 30,000 to 50,000 a year.

6) Stunt Driver- Man, how cool would it be to be the stunt driver for movies. You get to drive cars as fast as they can go or wreck them on purpose. I just think it is great that stunt driving is an actual job, haha. Salary is usually based upon experience and the film/project budget, but stunt drivers can make about 6 digits a year.

7) Professional Photographer- I have loved photography ever since I was a kid. I was always asking my mom and dad for a new camera. I loved taking photos. Sadly, I know little about the actual "science" of photography. I should have taken a class in college, but I never got around to it. I would love to own my own studio, and see my photos in popular magazines or books. Depending in what kind of photography they do, one could earn between 14,000 to 50,000 a year.

8) Musician- I love music. All kinds. I also like to play it to sold out crowds. I have always thought it would be cool to travel the country playing gigs here and there. I would play anywhere that would have me. It has to be a rush to play music in front of 50,000 people. It is a given that if you make it big, a professional musician (aka "rockstars") can make up to 50,000 or more. Of course, you have to make it big. Most never do.

9) Mascot- Ok, so its a little like acting. But, not quite. I think it would be cool to dress in a funny looking costume and entertain the crowds at a local sporting event. The theatre I work for has a mascot for the children's theatre, but I am too tall to wear the costume. Sad day. Depending on experience,and which team they are affiliated with, some mascots can make 30,000 a year. But, keep in mind that is for professional sports teams.

10) Video Game Tester- What could be more fun than playing video games all day. And if there is something you don't like about a game, you can make suggestions that a designer change it. Of course, its not all fun and games, but hey, no job is flawless. Game testers make an average of 30,000 a year.



2 comments:

  1. We have got to be brothers or something ... all but 2 of these I've wondered about/actually done (the mascot thing)!

    Thanks for the pay info, too. It's funny AND informative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I feel like I learn something new about you every day. It's great!

    ReplyDelete